The health of an individual can affect the health of the campus community, and Whittier College is committed to protecting the well-being of all our students, faculty and staff.
As a result, all full time incoming students (new, transfer, international and exchange) are required to meet certain health requirements in order to enroll at the College and participate in intercollegiate sports.
All new Fall 2022 students must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination primary series and booster dose by the following dates:
- Undergraduates: July 15, 2022
- Graduate students: August 11, 2022
Full details about this vaccine requirement are available on the College's COVID-19 webpage.
All new full-time undergraduate (commuters and residents), transfer, international, exchange students and (part-time students that will be residents) must meet the listed health requirements by the following deadlines:
Students entering in Fall semester: August 1
Students entering in Spring semester: February 1
Failure to meet the necessary health requirements within two weeks of the appropriate deadline will result in
- A late fee of $100.00 charged to the student's account on August 16 or February 16. The late fee will continue to be assessed monthly until the student completes all requirements.
- The student will also be placed on hold and will not be allowed to register for the next semester until he/she is in compliance.
- If a student participates in intercollegiate sports and they have not completed their health requirements by the appropriate deadline, the student will not be allowed to practice or play sports until he/she is in compliance.
- If a student is a resident on campus, their name will be submitted to the Director of Residential Life and the Dean of Students, who will send a final reminder to the student and further action will be taken. If they still fail to follow through, their ID card will be deactivated, the lock to their room will be changed (at their expense - $125) and they will not be allowed in the residence halls until all requirements are met.