For the 2023-2024 academic year, students are required to live on campus unless they meet the exemption requirements for off-campus housing. Students who require an exemption due to financial reasons may fill out the financial hardship form.
The priority housing deadline for new students is June 9. The priority housing deadline for returning students was March 19. All applications received after the deadline will be placed on a housing waitlist. Housing assignments will be sent to students’ Poet email account between May 1 and May 5.
To request housing accommodations or medically-related housing/meal plan exemptions please contact Student Accessibility Services (SAS) directly via email or 562.907.4825. Please do not send any medical documentation/emails to the Housing office, all accommodation approvals are through SAS. The SAS priority deadline is March 5.
Students who do not meet the off-campus requirements, the financial hardship criteria, and are not requesting medical accommodations but wish to petition the residency policy to live off campus may contact the Director of Housing & Residential Life, Joseph Melendez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tentative timeline for lottery numbers and Housing Selection Dates (all status ranges are based on current credits completed and internal defined ranges)
- March 5 Deadline to submit accommodation request to SAS
- March 19 Priority housing selection deadline
- March 27 – 29 Students emailed their timeslot/lottery number
- April 4 – 5 Themed Community Selection Date
- April 10 Senior/Junior status (>74 credits) Selection Date
- April 12 Rising Juniors (44-73 credits) status Selection Date
- April 14 Rising Sophomores ( < 44 credits) status Selection Date
- April 15-16 Make-up weekend (open to all students for last minute selections)
- April 17 (or later) Students who do not have an approved exception, and are required to participate in housing, will be charged a double room and 15 (flex) meal plan
- May 1 - May 5 Housing assignments will be sent to students’ poet email account
Please contact Housing & Residential Life via email if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. We will do our best to return voicemails, but highly encourage students to email rather than call.