Setting up your Poet Proxy account
- After your student has created a proxy account for you, you will receive three emails from firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject lines:
- Whittier College Proxy Access New Relationship Confirmation
- Whittier College Temporary Initial Password
- Whittier College New Proxy Identity
- Open the Whittier College Temporary Initial Password email and copy the provided password. You will need to use this password twice: once to log in and in the Initial Password box when creating a new password.
- Open the Whittier College New Proxy Identity email. It contains a single-use ink to sign into the Proxy system.
- Enter your Initial Password in the box and click the Submit button.
- Enter your email address, Initial Password, and a new password in the appropriate boxes. Your new password can contain uppercase and lowercase letters and must be eight characters or more. Click Submit when done.
- You will be taken to a login screen. Log in using email address and new password. This is the login screen you will use for all future logins to the Proxy system. You may wish to bookmark this page or use the link included in the Whittier College Proxy Access New Relationship Confirmation email.
- One you've logged in, click on Proxy Personal Information to change your proxy password. Click on Select to View to see the different proxy areas you have access to.
- Choose Account Summary to view balances. A summary of your student's account is listed here.
- If your student has designated you as an Authorized Payer, you will be able to make payments by clicking on the Cashnet button.
Logging in or Resetting Your Password
Access to your Poet Proxy account is via the proxy login page. Consider bookmarking this page if you anticipate frequent visits.
If you forget your password, enter your email address in the Username box and click Forgot Password.
- You will receive two emails from the proxy system
- Whittier College Proxy Reset Link
- Whittier College Reset Password
- Copy the password from the Whittier College Proxy Reset Password email
- Click on the link in the Whittier College Proxy Reset Link email
- Enter the password in the Initial Password box and click Submit
- Enter your email address in the first box
- Enter the Reset Password (Initial Password) in the Initial Password box.
- Enter a new password twice. It can contain uppercase or lowercase letters and must be eight characters or more.
- Click Submit.
Passphrase for Telephone Assistance
In compliance with state and federal privacy laws, a Passphrase is required before a proxy can receive student account or student record information over the phone. Please have your Passphrase ready when calling faculty or staff at Whittier College.
The Passphrase is established by your student and will be emailed to you under the subject line Whittier College Proxy Access Passphrase Notification.
Your student will grant you access to certain areas of their student account. When your student makes these designations, you will receive an email under the subject line Whittier College Proxy Access Authorization Details.
Areas you may have access to include:
- Account Summary and Balance
- Financial Aid Award Package
- Award History
- Student Detail Schedule
- Week at a Glance
- Financial Aid Status
- Student Grades
- Student Holds