Primary care appointments are staffed by residents supervised by attending family practice physicians, nurse practitioners, or physician assistants experienced in the medical needs of male and female college students. The majority of the problems you may experience while at Whittier will be effectively handled in this clinic.
Sample of Primary Care Services
1. Treatment of a variety of Illness and Injuries
2. General Physical Exams, Sports and Travel Physicals
3. Initiate and Refill Most Rx Medications
4. Travel and all Routine Immunizations, (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Tdap, Menactra, Varivax, Gardasil, MMR, Typhoid, and Flu Vaccine) (crosslink to Health Center/Influenza and Flu Vaccine – 25.6) and TB Skin Tests
5. Laboratory (phlebotomy) Services
6. Consultation and education
7. Allergy Injections
8. Minor surgical procedures such as Incision and Drainage, suture placement (stitches), etc.
9. Urgent Care Walk-ins on Monday mornings
10. Diagnostic screening for vision, hearing, heart (EKG) and blood pressure
11. Phone/Walk-in Triage
12. Referrals to off campus specialists and/or outside facilities (i.e. Radiology, MRI, Ultrasound, etc.). For these appointments, Whittier College has created a Taxi Voucher system accessible to you.