Resources & Links
The counseling center maintains a lending library of books, videotapes, audiotapes, and brochures on a variety of mental health topics and social issues. Any member of the Whittier College community is welcome to borrow these materials.
The listing of these sites and resources does not imply that the counseling center or its staff endorses all of the information included below. We encourage you to evaluate the materials and use what you find helpful. Some of the resources include brochures from other counseling centers in other parts of the country. Please note that the resources these brochures list will be local to that area.
This information is not intended to substitute for help from a qualified mental health professional. For personal assistance, call the counseling center at 562.907.4239 to schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Self Help Resources:
● University of Chicago Virtual Pamphlet Collection Virtual pamphlets on a wide variety of topics
● Self-Help Resources Large index of specific problems and general mental health resources from the University of Massachusetts
● APA Help Center
● National Institute of Mental Health
● Online Intergroup of Alcoholic Anonymous
● Go Ask Alice - Columbia University's health question and answer service has answers to questions you may have about sexuality, sexual health, relationships, drugs and alcohol, fitness and nutrition, emotional well-being, and general health.