Majors & Minors

The Department offers studies in two distinct fields: child development and education.

Child Development offers an undergraduate major and minor, as well as coursework for a Child Development Permit. Learn more about Child Development program requirements.

Education programs lead toward teaching credentials. (California law does not permit students to major in education.) An undergraduate minor in elementary education and a program leading to a master’s degree are also offered in education. Learn more about Education program requirements.