Whittier College partners with local high schools to offer students an array of college preparatory benefits and a unique college admission guarantee.
Future Poet Promise partners receive services and benefits that familiarize students with Whittier College, guide students and their families through the college application process, and provide a guaranteed college option for students who meet the Future Poet Promise requirements.
Whittier College offers guaranteed admission to any student at a Future Poet Promise partner school or district who:
- Has a 3.0 minimum GPA
- Has completed the A-G requirements
- Completes the Common Application for admission to Whittier College
Students who are admitted to Whittier through the Future Poet Promise receive a minimum $20,000 scholarship which is renewable for up to four years.
In addition to its commitment of admission and scholarships, Whittier College provides in-depth counseling and guidance to students and families at partner schools including:
- One school-wide field trip to Whittier College with transportation costs covered
- One-on-one pre-admission counseling in English or Spanish
- Annual individual appointments for students and parent to review financial aid packages with bilingual Whittier College staff.
- Access to Whittier College facilities such as the library, gymnasium, and computer labs
- Summer College workshops for students
- Common Application workshop
- FAFSA workshop in English and Spanish
- Personal Statement workshop
- Student panels
- Faculty panels
- Classroom visits
Become a Future Poet Promise Partner
Public, private, parochial, and charter high schools in Southern California are invited to become a Future Poet Promise Partner and begin extending benefits to their students and families right away. Complete the form below to get in touch with Whittier College's Office of Admission and get started.