Instructional Lab Reservations
Home » Services & Support » Instructional Lab Reservations
The Instructional Lab
The Instructional Laboratory (Lab) is located on the ground floor of the Library building across from the Late Night Study area. The Lab supports the Library’s Bibliographic Instruction Program, IT Services’ training sessions, and academic workshops.
The Instructional Lab is intended for hands-on instruction in library, information technology (IT) resources, and academic workshops. Wardman Library’s Office Manger is responsible for scheduling the Lab and maintaining an up-to-date calendar of scheduled events. Librarians and IT staff may schedule the Lab for user instruction or training through the Office Manager. Faculty and staff who want to schedule a one-time use of the Lab for classes should also contact the Office Manager. Although scheduling will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, preference will be given to student instruction over staff and faculty training. Scheduling conflicts should be referred to the Office Manager.
College Writing Seminar (INTD 100):
During the first four weeks of each semester, priority scheduling will go to all professors who instruct College Writing Seminar (INTD 100) courses. These courses should be scheduled through Reference and Instruction Librarian John Jackson. All other courses and non-priority reservations are considered tentative during this time.
The Instructional Lab has been designed to provide a setting in which students, faculty, and staff can receive effective instruction in discovering and using a variety of traditional and electronic library and information resource.
Priority use of the Lab will be for:
- Bibliographic instruction sessions scheduled in conjunction with librarians and professors to teach effective library research skills for their individual courses; librarians will work with faculty members to schedule and develop learning content for a given session.
- Classes and training sessions scheduled by the Library and IT Services to teach search strategies and information systems.
- College faculty/staff-designed programming/workshops.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Lab.
- Only IT Services or the Library’s Systems Manager may make changes to Lab hardware or software.
- All equipment and furniture must remain in the Lab.
- Files saved on any of the computers in the Lab will be deleted on a regular basis.
- When class is in session, only those students, faculty, or staff involved in the instruction may be in the Lab.
- Users are expected to remove all personal belongings, throw away trash, and return any furniture that may have been relocated during instruction sessions.
- The Lab is to remain locked when not in use.
- 20 student workstations with seating for 30
- 20 PCs with Intel Core i7 Processors, 8.00 GB RAM
- Projector and screen
- Laser Printer
- White board
- Remotely-controlled automatic window shades
Please direct any questions regarding scheduling or availability of the Instructional Lab to Library Administrative Office manager Mary McGonagle, email@example.com