Until you set foot on the Whittier College campus, you haven't fully checked us out.
Second-hand descriptions and photos are a start, but they can’t put the feel of California sunshine on your face. They can’t convey the aroma of fresh-baked pizza wafting from the Campus Inn, or the sound of laughter roaring out from a dorm lounge. Nor can you have a stimulating conversation with the photograph of a Whittier professor, much less pet her cool dog.
Whittier College sits on 75 park-like acres located midway between downtown Los Angeles and such Orange County landmarks as Disneyland. The campus is bounded on one side by the cafes and shops of historic Uptown Whittier and on the other by Turnbull Canyon and its challenging hiking trails.
Fun Facts About Whittier
- Number of sunny days a year: 325
- WC’s ranking by weather: 16th best in the nation, per Newsweek and The Daily Beast
- Number of restaurants and cafes within a 5 minute walk of campus: 46
- Number of beaches within 30 miles of campus: 23
- Approximate miles of running trails adjacent to campus: 50
- Ski resorts within two hours: 7
- Number of Faculty Masters Houses (where professors live on campus and host events for students): 3
- Major airports with a one-hour drive: 5
Find Out If Whittier College Is for You
If you are considering attending Whittier, you really ought to preview that experience in three dimensions and with all five senses. That’s why we offer student-guided, hour-long walking tours of campus two or three times each weekday. Immediately before or after each tour, there is either a general Q&A session with an admission professional or - more likely - a chance for a personal meeting/interview. There are also self-guided tours for those who can visit only during off hours. Either way, just let us know that you’re coming.