1 May, 2013 By admin 0 Comments
Whittier College offers talent scholarships, valued up to $12,000, to entering freshmen and transfer students who demonstrate superior promise in theatre. Scholarships are renewable for four years of continuous study at Whittier College provided that the recipient meets the following requirements:
- Maintains satisfactory overall academic performance.
- Completes at least 3 credits of theatre course work each year.
- Is an active participant in at least two of the Theatre Department’s three to four main season productions each year. Please note that scholarship recipients are not required to major in theatre, but they are expected to contribute in valuable ways to the theatre production program.
To apply for a Talent Scholarship, interested freshman and incoming students must:
- Complete a Talent Scholarship Application
- Submit two instructor recommendations, at least one of these must be completed by a high school music teacher or private instructor
- Schedule and take part in an audition or submit a YouTube audition.
Please download the appropriate Theatre Talent Scholarship Application Packet for copies of the application materials listed above, submission deadlines, and more information.
2014-2015 Theatre Talent Scholarship Application Packet (for incoming freshmen)
2014-2015 Theatre Talent Scholarship Application Packet (for transfer students)
Please note that students may also apply for talent scholarships from the Art and Music Departments, but if offered multiple talent scholarships, the student can only accept an award from one department and must decline all other offers.