The Office of Disability Services is committed to ensuring equal treatment, educational opportunity, academic freedom, and human dignity for students with learning, physical/medical, and psychological/psychiatric disabilities at Whittier College.
Our goals include:
- Providing reasonable and appropriate accommodations to students with disabilities
- Assisting students with disabilities in self-advocacy
- Assisting graduating students’ transition out of Whittier College
- Providing academic support and counseling
- Educating the Whittier College community about disabilities and services provided
- Ensuring legal compliance with state and federal disability laws
A person with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disability Act (1990) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is described as:
- The person possesses a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity,
- The person has a record of such impairment, or
- The person is regarded as having such impairment.
The primary mission of the Disability Services Team is to help students participate in college life to the fullest extent possible.
Library, Room G003